Sunday, January 29, 2012

What I love about winter in Portland



Last night, after a day of running around, I was feeling quite amorous about my city. I don't really know how anyone could not. It is so beautiful here. The sky is magic, and the buildings, with the way they are lit? Holy hell, they are just gorgeous.

I love Portland through all of the seasons, but lately, I have really learned to appreciate winter. There is just something about the sky here, and the show that it puts on. It really does deliver on the drama, and make for an amazing backdrop for living.

I feel so fortunate to be able to witness this on a daily basis; especially after growing up in a place where you could drive over a hill, and on a good day, you could see buildings that were about a mile away.

On a bad day? Nothing.

But every day, regardless of good or bad, it looked as if someone had poured iced tea over the sky, and it just sat there, suspended in a strange layer, about to drench you.

I really don't miss LA. I will always prefer Portland, even with the rain that seems to go on, and on, and on.

Sorry LA Peeps. That's just the way it is. Can you blame me?




-H

No comments:

Post a Comment