Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 25: The reason I'm still alive.

Day 25: The reason I'm still alive

Just being honest here, but let's face it. I'm not stupid. If I'm having a problem, I will find the root of it, and pull it out while it's still thriving, and green. Then I'll grind the fucker up, toss it out, and be done with it.

I've had to do this many times in my life. There are so many things I could have just let happen to me, but instead I kicked and screamed until I got my way, and ended up so much the better for it. True, I don't like drama, and I will do what I can to avoid it, but there are times when it is necessary. Like oils, you should use it sparingly so people take you seriously when you do find that it really is the only way to deal with something important, however.

Most of you who know me know that I struggle with certain health issues and depression. Most of you also know that I had a child naturally after my first was born via Cesarean, this time with almost no intervention. Less of you know the full extent of the issues I faced with my dad, who I am now estranged from. But anyway, we all have choices in how we live our lives. I chose the options that were right for me, and feel that I have a pretty good life as a result.

Life is all about taking the right opportunities and dodging a whole lot of fucking bullets. Mine is still very much a work in progress, but I know where I came from, and what I've had to fight so far. I am glad I did, because I'm still here, and I'm thriving!

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment