Monday, January 17, 2011

That's what it's all about? No. This is what it's all about.

So, I've seen the question posed a few times: "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" Yeah, no. It's not. Trust me. I got sucked into all that rhetoric once. I'm back. Don't be fooled. The mountain didn't come to Mohammed, and it's not going to come to you. And a dance that makes you shake your foot isn't anything but a dance that makes you shake your stupid foot.

It's a nice thought, though.

My best advice, after being sucked in? Leap when you gotta. Stay put when you gotta. It is a dance, sure, but this thing called life? Sometimes it takes the skill and grace of a fucking gazelle, and well? Gazelles don't do the hokey pokey. Gazelles think the hokey pokey is a waste of time; a distraction if you will. They laugh when they see humans caught up in a dance that takes them nowhere, and they keep going.

You! Keep going!

Try to stay calm, keep on keepin' on, and look good doin' it. And that, my friends... is what it's really all about.


-H

No comments:

Post a Comment