Saturday, January 8, 2011

It's the stuff we say...

I guess, maybe a this is little like "Shit My Dad Says", but I've been quoting people in my life for much longer than Twitter has even been around, so I take credit here. I'm not going to act like I'm copying the guy who started that, just because he took a stroll down a very crowded street and gained so much attention they modeled a sit-com after him, starring William Shatner.

Sorry guys, but I'm Shatner-Proof.

Well, that, and the fact that many times I record whole interactions for context. And... in keeping with that, I'll let you in on something we discussed a few days ago. See, we were talking about ways that we could be much cooler people, and apparently we decided that really cool people keep bees, so maybe that's what we should do.

In this morning's conversation, I was getting dressed to go downstairs to do a little cleanin', dusting, and the like, when he pops off with this: "Well, I guess you'd better clean this place from stem to stern, since your friends are going to come over today, and they might judge you."

"Uh... shut up. I guess you'd better go into the basement and build a better tomorrow."

"Better get your new, fancy phone ready, put on a cardigan sweater, bake some cookies, put some bees in the backyard... oh, and make sure those bees have an Android phone of their own, so they can post mobile uploads of their hive to Facebook."

"Snort! Yeah, that sounds like a reasonable way to prepare for a knitting circle."

-H

2 comments:

  1. OMG I just read this. HAHAHHA!

    and where were the damn cookies??

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I know! I know! I was busy trying to get the damn beehive ready, then Karen showed up! Sheesh! LOL

    ReplyDelete