Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 14: Hero, no more

Day 14: Hero, no more

When I think of a hero who may have let me down, I usually think of celebrities. I don't usually hold them in the highest regard. In fact, I usually feel kind of sorry for them, because they can't just lead a free life. They have to be guarded all the time, and they are always expected to give their best. After all, you are only as good as your last performance. If you do something incredibly stupid, someone will be watching. If you are lucky, it will be portrayed as what it actually was, and not completely blown out of proportion.

Did you know Gerald Ford was actually a really great football player in his day, and somewhat graceful?

It's true.

But what do we remember him for? Falling down. He will forever be known as the clumsy, awkward president, due to one incident that could really happen to anyone.

What kind of life is that?

I guess, if I had to come up with one, it would be Damon Stoudamire. He was great here as an athlete, but man... talk about stupid. I mean, I don't really have anything against people who smoke the weed. I don't really care. Once I learned about the stuff, I realized that alcohol is far more harmful, but that's another story for another day.

Stupid as the rules are, it remains illegal for recreational purposes. When you are at the airport, you should probably think about what you have to do to get on a plane. Don't pack illegal stuff in aluminum foil when you know you are going to have to go through a metal detector.

Yeah... derp.

-H

1 comment: