Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 22: Regret

Oy! Bring on the cheesy corn.

See, I'm a mountain of neurosis, carved out with gullies... of... guilt, waterfalls of pathos and regret, steeped in a cloud of self-effacing... uh... humour?

But... seriously. Sure, there are things I regret. I've been mean. I've even been cruel. I have lied. I have borrowed things without asking. I've done drugs. I've had premarital sex. I've been stupid with money, and planning. I've been messy. I have hurt people, and knowing that last part does sting, because I really didn't have to hurt anyone.

I'm not sure I would be who I am today without having done everything I have done. I don't always like myself, especially when I think about people I have hurt in the past, but I'm working on that. It has gotten better. My times of self-hatred have been whittled down to about 4 hours or less, so I'd call it progress.

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment