Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 6; Something I hope I never have to do.

Day 6: Something I hope I never have to do:

I have seen this posted on a few other blogs, but it is certainly the ultimate in things I hope I never have to do, so I'm including it in my list as well, and that is burying my kids. I have thought of this a few times and at most, I was only able to bear the thought for 30 seconds or less. It's just too horrible, and I have no idea how I would survive it.

I know people do, but a huge part of me would die.

Obviously it's quite an understatement to think that I would never, ever be the same. My kids are my whole world. They represent some of the most drastic emotions I feel daily. What I mean by drastic, is that I can go from being seriously annoyed to being ensconced in pure magic in a matter of seconds, depending on how things are going. They can be simultaneously aggravating and the most lovable beings on the planet.

I can't say I have ever felt that about anyone else in the time I've been... on the planet. They, to me, mean: blessing, gift, responsibility, and unconditional love. And that is all for now, because the 4 year old needs me!

Have a great day! And if you have kids, cherish them.

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment